I wanna show up to a sketchy biker bar some day and order a vodka cranberry
Royal Canadian Air Force Air Weapons Systems Technician, Private Patrick Samms uses a mallet to ensure that the AIM-7 Sparrow missile is installed correctly on a CF-18 Hornet at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam during Exercise Rim of the Pacific (RIMPAC) on July 21, 2014. Something about hitting live ordnance with a hammer just doesn't seem right to me
28th July 1914 - Austria-Hungary declares war on Serbia
On July 28, 1914, one month to the day after Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria and his wife were killed by a Serbian nationalist in Sarajevo, Austria-Hungary declares war on Serbia, effectively beginning the First World War.
The following telegram sent by Count Leopold von Berchtold (Austro-Hungarian Foreign Minister) at 11.10 am to M. N. Pashitch (Serbian Prime Minister and Foreign Minister), who received it at 12.30 pm
28 July 1914
The Royal Serbian Government not having answered in a satisfactory manner the note of July 23, 1914, presented by the Austro-Hungarian Minister at Belgrade, the Imperial and Royal Government are themselves compelled to see to the safeguarding of their rights and interests, and, with this object, to have recourse to force of arms.
Austria-Hungary consequently considers herself henceforward in state of war with Serbia.
Marie Antoinette’s Last Letter Stained By Her Tears
“16th October, 4.30 A.M.
It is to you, my sister, that I write for the last time. I have just been condemned, not to a shameful death, for such is only for criminals, but to go and rejoin your brother. Innocent like him, I hope to show the same firmness in my last moments. I am calm, as one is when one’s conscience reproaches one with nothing. I feel profound sorrow in leaving my poor children: you know that I only lived for them and for you, my good and tender sister.
The Friendship of Salem is a 171-foot replica of a 1797 East Indiaman; Friendship, built in the Scarano Brothers Shipyard in Albany, New York, in 2000.
Class & type: Full rigged ship Length:171 ft (52 m) bowsprit to spanker boom Beam:30 ft (9.1 m)Height:20 ft (6.1 m) keel to deck at midship Decks:main deck, ‘tween deck, and holds Installed power: onboard generators Propulsion:21 sails, twin diesel engines Speed:7.2 maximum / 5.8 average knots Boats & landing
craft carried:1 jolly boat Complement:25 crew, up to 45 persons
does anyone else regret not attending concerts that happened before you were even a fan of the band because I do and it hurts
U.S. and Afghan forces provide security during a dismounted patrol near Combat Outpost Mizan, Mizan District, Zabul Province, Afghanistan. Aug. 16, 2010.
do otherkin get offended by captchas asking them to prove if they’re human
One lucky winner will be sent a carton with these supplies:
- 1 brand new copy of Letters from Iwo Jima
- 1 model of an F6F Hellcat
- 3 Pins (USAAF, Rep. of China, Memphis Belle)
- 1 pocket size trivia book
- 1 fantastic book describing classic WWII dogfights.
Naturally, there’s some fine print to keep in mind:
- You do not need to be following me. I mean, sure, if you love history and planes and historical planes, you’re welcome to… but it’s by no means necessary to win.
- I ship where ever.
- Reblogs are what count. Likes do not. There’s not really a limit on how often you reblog, but be a sensible human being, please.
- No giveaway blogs. You will be disqualified.
- Giveaway ends August 24th, at 12:01 am. I will be determining the victor via random.org. Please, keep your ask box open. If you do not reply to me within 72 hours I will determine a different victor.
- Please be comfortable with giving me your address and personal information, should you win.
Largest soviet toy store “Detskiy Mir” – “Children’s World” in Moscow.